× Members

Current Recording of ESA Face to face Medicals

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #106421 by Dalglish60
I know it's not a legal right to have your esa medical recorded. But is there a current and up to date template letter of some kind accessible on this site that also includes current DWP/ATOS procedure to refer to if you wish to have your ESA face to Face medical recorded on the day of your assessment.

ngup67
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #106431 by Gordon

Nevergiveup1967 wrote: I know it's not a legal right to have your esa medical recorded. But is there a current and up to date template letter of some kind accessible on this site that also includes current DWP/ATOS procedure to refer to if you wish to have your ESA face to Face medical recorded on the day of your assessment.

ngup67

The problem is that there are no DWP procedures covering the recording of assessments, perhaps a Freedom of Information request might reveal some, but the underlying issue, even if there are procedures, is that they are nothing more than that, e.g. they have no legal standing.

Steve posted in the latest news letter that the DWP have removed the requirement for an assessment to proceed if no recording equipment is available within 4 weeks, I will ask where this cam from, as I have not seen it in the public domain.

Gordon

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by . Reason: Tick.

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #106439 by Dalglish60
Replied by Dalglish60 on topic Current Recording of ESA Face to face Medicals
Gordon

So it's just a case of writing a letter to the respective address to request a recording and wait to see on the day of the medical if they agree to record the face to face medical etc. Or have I misunderstood your reply ?

ngup67

More
10 years 10 months ago #106443 by Gordon

Nevergiveup1967 wrote: Gordon

So it's just a case of writing a letter to the respective address to request a recording and wait to see on the day of the medical if they agree to record the face to face medical etc. Or have I misunderstood your reply ?

ngup67

I think you have but do no worry about it.

There is a template letter in the ESA Guides for requesting an assessment is recorded, claimants will still need to chase ATOS to ensure that their request is actioned and should not be held at fault if the equipment is not available on the day.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 10 months ago #106449 by Dalglish60
Gordon

Thank you for the advice.

ngup67

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #106470 by Dalglish60
Gordon/Bro58

Sorry about this but I'm still very confused about requesting recording of face to face esa medicals.

below is the link to the 2page letter word format document "Recording Medicals"that is in the members guides section. With all the legal decisions/terminology etc, is this the template to use to request a recording....... I'm just so confused how to request a recording.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/esa.php?fld=bw...6bb799c1d4de68e307be

ngup67

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.