× Members

esa

• mickeytum
  • Topic Author
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #106486 by mickeytum
esa was created by mickeytum
I just filled in the form for the ESA ,having been on incapacity benefit..i dont think i will pass any new medical,having already passed 2 previous ones... I have psoriatic rheumatoide arthritis for the past 14 years and it is obviously not getting any better..but if i have to attend another medical i have a feeling i wont pass...any help will be gratefully accepted.
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 10 months ago #106496 by
Replied by on topic esa

mickeytum wrote: I just filled in the form for the ESA ,having been on incapacity benefit..i dont think i will pass any new medical,having already passed 2 previous ones... I have psoriatic rheumatoide arthritis for the past 14 years and it is obviously not getting any better..but if i have to attend another medical i have a feeling i wont pass...any help will be gratefully accepted.

Hi mt,

Have you already filled in the ESA50 and returned it to ATOS ?

Did you use our ESA claims guides on this page ? :

ESA Claims Guides

Please reply to this topic.

bro58

10 years 10 months ago #106504 by
Replied by on topic esa
Hi mt,

As you haven't replied, the best that I can do is advise you to read our FAQ : ESA Medical – What to expect

And post a link to the ATOS website where they have information regarding the assessments : www.atoshealthcare.com/claimants

Please do reply to this topic if you have any further queries.

bro58

• mickeytum
  • Topic Author
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #116995 by mickeytum
Replied by mickeytum on topic esa
Sorry for the very lengthy delay in responding.. I am not very good with technology...
I had my atos medical and failed...
I didn't get any points at all...
Don't know what to do ...
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 3 months ago #116997 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic esa

mickeytum wrote: Sorry for the very lengthy delay in responding.. I am not very good with technology...
I had my atos medical and failed...
I didn't get any points at all...
Don't know what to do ...

You have a number of options.

You can challenge the Decision not to award you ESA. The first stage of this is to request a Mandatory Reconsideration, you normally have one month to do this from the date of the Decision letter on your ESA. You will not be paid while the MR is carried out, if your finances will not tolerate this you can claim JSA but will have to make a Job Search commitment. If the MR does not overturn the Decision then you can lodge an appeal with the Tribunal Service, once this is accepted you should be eligible for the ESA Assessment rate providing you are still covered by a Fit Note.

You can make a new claim for ESA, this can be done in parallel to any challenge to the previous Decision that you might make, however, you will not be paid unless you have a new or deteriorated condition, or six months have elapsed since the Decision not to award ESA.

Have a look at the following and if you have more questions, please reply to this post.

Disability Rights UK Factsheet - Appeals and reconsiderations

ESA MR and Appeal guide

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris