× Members

PIP. A-Z of medical conditions?

• lellipup
  • Topic Author
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #106838 by lellipup
PIP. A-Z of medical conditions? was created by lellipup
Hi, I know it is fairly new and so I may be limited in my replies however thought I would ask just in case.

In order to qualify for DLA the DWP follows the A-Z of medical conditions and researches them to see how your disability affects you.

PIP stresses that you are assessed on how your disability affects you as an individual.

I may be answering my own question but is that the case? My condition is generalised anxiety disorder and social anxiety and under a claim for DLA would not qualify due to the A-Z index but if it is based on my personal needs then I would qualify for PIP.

Does this make sense? I can't find any information on how you are assessed /a decision is made for PIP apart from that which states medical evidence from GP etc, the 'how your disability affects you' and the face to face assessment.
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #106856 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic PIP. A-Z of medical conditions?

lellipup wrote: Hi, I know it is fairly new and so I may be limited in my replies however thought I would ask just in case.

In order to qualify for DLA the DWP follows the A-Z of medical conditions and researches them to see how your disability affects you.

PIP stresses that you are assessed on how your disability affects you as an individual.

I may be answering my own question but is that the case? My condition is generalised anxiety disorder and social anxiety and under a claim for DLA would not qualify due to the A-Z index but if it is based on my personal needs then I would qualify for PIP.

Does this make sense? I can't find any information on how you are assessed /a decision is made for PIP apart from that which states medical evidence from GP etc, the 'how your disability affects you' and the face to face assessment.

Hi lp,

These links should help :

PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link on page)

Other PIP information, including PIP Self Test

PIP Topic Thread in Spotlight Area

bro58

• LizzieR
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #106866 by LizzieR
Replied by LizzieR on topic PIP. A-Z of medical conditions?
I am very new to all of this and have just started the process of claiming PIP on behalf of my husband. As we live in the North East we started the claim just before it was launched nationally.

What I hadn't realised that after the initial 3 months waiting for new claims the next part of the procedure can take up to 10 weeks! We made the phone call to register his claim and waited 3 weeks for his form to be sent (they were doing checks) the form however has to be returned before the 19th July otherwise they will assume he no longer wishes to proceed.

I am now completing his form and would like to thank the people who have put together the wonderful guidance document on how to do this, it is really helpful. What I especially like is the advice of getting letters from people who understand his condition

Hopefully his claim is accepted straight away without the need to appeal!

• bro58
10 years 9 months ago #106867 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic PIP. A-Z of medical conditions?

LizzieR wrote: I am very new to all of this and have just started the process of claiming PIP on behalf of my husband. As we live in the North East we started the claim just before it was launched nationally.

What I hadn't realised that after the initial 3 months waiting for new claims the next part of the procedure can take up to 10 weeks! We made the phone call to register his claim and waited 3 weeks for his form to be sent (they were doing checks) the form however has to be returned before the 19th July otherwise they will assume he no longer wishes to proceed.

I am now completing his form and would like to thank the people who have put together the wonderful guidance document on how to do this, it is really helpful. What I especially like is the advice of getting letters from people who understand his condition

Hopefully his claim is accepted straight away without the need to appeal!

Hi LR,

Thanks for the kind words regarding our PIP Claims Guides. :)

Good luck with your claim, and please do keep us updated. :)

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.