× Members

Quick query

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #106977 by morgandlin
Quick query was created by morgandlin
I am on contributory ESA (transferred from cont. IB) and have been since 1995.

The DWP seem to think that ESA is now subject to private pension reduction rules, and I think I am exempted, because I claimed IB prior to the rule change in 2001.

Sorry - i8t's 4pm - can anyone confirm?
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #106978 by
Replied by on topic Quick query

morgandlin wrote: I am on contributory ESA (transferred from cont. IB) and have been since 1995.

The DWP seem to think that ESA is now subject to private pension reduction rules, and I think I am exempted, because I claimed IB prior to the rule change in 2001.

Sorry - i8t's 4pm - can anyone confirm?

Hi m,

If your Occupational Pension was previously disregarded whilst in receipt of IB, then when successfully transferred to ESA, it would remain disregarded under Transitional Protection rules.

Will my pension be disregarded under ESA?

My IB was tax exempt; will it still be under ESA?

From our :

IB, IS, SDA, Migration to ESA FAQ’s

See also :

12 Month Limit for ESA(CB)

Which is applicable if placed into The WRAG in receipt of CB ESA.

bro58

More
10 years 10 months ago #107022 by morgandlin
Replied by morgandlin on topic Quick query
Thanks for your help - just wanted to check they hadn't changed the rules, while I wasn't looking.

As I claimed IB prior to 2001, I always was exempt from private pension reductions.

Getting a compliance (fraud by any other name!) interview date, when I have never claimed anything means tested was a surprise.

I have sorted it out, as we found the relevant regs. and blinded them with fury and knowledge - they just said they are sending these letters out to everyone (?) and to forget the interview, but just send them a copy of my occupational pensions, and do this every year, as they don't keep the records. (strange as they used to).

(They were very confused and didn't really get the idea of Transitional Protection until 2020) :dry:

The regs I used (in case they are useful to anyone else): DMG Chapter 45. Para 45465 Vol 8 Amendment 7 (laid down 7.2.2011)

Cheers again.

Lin :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: cemac

• Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
More
10 years 10 months ago #107024 by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
Replied by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law) on topic Quick query
Hi Lin,

Good to see you on B & W :cheer:

Jim

PLEASE READ THE SPOTLIGHTS AREA OF THE FORUM REGULARLY, OTHERWISE YOU MAY MISS OUT ON IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: morgandlin

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #107360 by judexx
Replied by judexx on topic Quick query

morgandlin wrote: Thanks for your help - just wanted to check they hadn't changed the rules, while I wasn't looking.

As I claimed IB prior to 2001, I always was exempt from private pension reductions.

Getting a compliance (fraud by any other name!) interview date, when I have never claimed anything means tested was a surprise.

I have sorted it out, as we found the relevant regs. and blinded them with fury and knowledge - they just said they are sending these letters out to everyone (?) and to forget the interview, but just send them a copy of my occupational pensions, and do this every year, as they don't keep the records. (strange as they used to).

(They were very confused and didn't really get the idea of Transitional Protection until 2020) :dry:

The regs I used (in case they are useful to anyone else): DMG Chapter 45. Para 45465 Vol 8 Amendment 7 (laid down 7.2.2011)

Cheers again.

Lin :)

Thank you for giving the exact regs - you've just saved me several hours of trawling the web :)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.