× Members

ESA review form- extension on 4 weeks

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #107206 by lild
Can you get an extension on the 4 weeks to get the ESA form back. Im struggling as Ive just come out of hospital, trying to deal with slow recovery, hubbys appeal social services, pain clinic referral which Im not well enough to attend.

I cant deal with any of it at present just trying to get through the day and sleep.
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by . Reason: Tick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #107209 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA review form- extension on 4 weeks
I am afraid that the 4 week date is set by legislation and there is no way to change this. People in DWP call centres sometimes say that they will 'make a note on the file' saying that permission has been given for an extension, but you should only trust this if you have something in writing as your claim can be closed if the form does not arrive on time.

What you can do is send your form in with as much done as you can ands follow this up with further information as soon as you are able.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: lild

More
10 years 10 months ago #107220 by Evelyn
Replied by Evelyn on topic ESA review form- extension on 4 weeks
Hi L,
I do not know if this helps….
I wrote to ATOS AND JC+ after ATOS wrote again to remind me of the form. I wrote to inform them the form will be late due to my mental health conditions etc and that I need an extension of 10 days from deadline date.
I did not hear from them though there were attempts to contact me by phone but I did not answer as I was not able to cope answering phone calls mentally. I sent in the form before the deadline I set myself.
They seem to have accepted this as there was no adverse effect.
Having said that, I think the people I was writing to were feeling kind that day as I have heard of horror stories about the fall outs from not sending in the form on time.
So I would not advise it but just let you know it has happened with me.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris