× Members

working families tax credits

• rossiwatson
  • Topic Author
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #107239 by rossiwatson
working families tax credits was created by rossiwatson
Me again. My husband and I are receiving wftc, which is very much needed as I receive nothing now my 365 days of ESA are up. He is self employed, but working at a loss. According to the local council office which is dealing with all of the DWP rulings, it has been confirmed that come October of this year my husband will be classed as earning the minimum wage for wftc references. How can that be legal? How can they say he is earning when he is not? Therefore we will have no income, or next to none then???? :unsure:
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #107243 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic working families tax credits

rossiwatson wrote: Me again. My husband and I are receiving wftc, which is very much needed as I receive nothing now my 365 days of ESA are up. He is self employed, but working at a loss. According to the local council office which is dealing with all of the DWP rulings, it has been confirmed that come October of this year my husband will be classed as earning the minimum wage for wftc references. How can that be legal? How can they say he is earning when he is not? Therefore we will have no income, or next to none then???? :unsure:

I really wish that we could offer you some advice but we do not deal with Tax Credits on the forum, two things you can try; put your details into one of the online benefit calculators, Turn2Us.org has a good reputation, this should give you a better understanding of your what your overall financial situation should be, then try and get face to face advice.

Where to get advice?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris