× Members

DLA renewal 5 months early?

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #107384 by JULIESTRETCH
DLA renewal 5 months early? was created by JULIESTRETCH
Hi,

My DLA is up for renewal on the 22nd December 2013, but I have received the forms today. I have heard they are sending the forms out earlier, but 5 1/2 months early seems a bit too early can this be right?

The letter doesn't say when the form has to be returned, it just states return as soon as possible. Could you give me an idea when to send them?

I don't want to be too early on the other hand I don't want to send them in late.

Thanks Rainfordgirl
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #107385 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic DLA renewal 5 months early?
We would normally expect DLA forms to arrive about 4 months ahead of time, so I do agree that yours are a bit earlier than usual. At least you will have a bit more time to get the form completed and evidence gathered!

We cannot tell you when to send the forms back as there are pros and cons for any action, but this might help

When should I send my renewal form back?

My own reassessment forms arrived, as expected, about 4 months ahead of time and the decision was made within a few months. I was pleased to see that the decision takes effect from the expected renewal date.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.