× Members

Re Medical Evidence

More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #107709 by killbot99
Re Medical Evidence was created by killbot99
Hi

I have just about finished completing my ESA50 form and I have filled in the PDF as a copy as I cannot mess about photocopying it as I did last time. I don't have much in the way of medical evidence to send in, other than a copy of the Consultant's letter that was sent to my GP after my initial diagnosis back in 2008 and last year's ESA85A.

It lists all the things I had wrong with me at the time so is useful for confirmation purposes but of little use I should imagine when looking at functionality and the descriptors. I am seeing my GP on Wednesday to let her know about the ESA50 and to discuss one or two other things. I was lucky last time, Atos wrote to her and she kindly filled in the relevant forms. However I have read that this is becoming more and more unusual and that Atos are less likely to write to GP's or GP's are less likely to respond.

This is concerning me, like many people I don't have much to offer by way of medical evidence and although I could probably pay for a GP's letter, my GP is very unconvinced that they take them into account. Is there are any point asking for a copy of last year's ESA113 (I think it is) or would this be a waste of time. Would there be any point in asking for access to my medical records to see if there is any relevant information in there?

I am not thinking of submitting them now as my form has to be back at the beginning of August but I am thinking ahead in case of appeal. I got straight into the SG last time but I fear I will not be so fortunate again.

I have tried to fill out the forms as much as I can using the guides and I have several extra pages of A4 to submit but the lack of supporting medical evidence is worrying me. Thanks.
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 9 months ago #107715 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Re Medical Evidence
Hi MCW,

You can write to DWP and ask for a copy of all paperwork relating to your past claim - they routinely keep things for 14 months but some members have received things that date back several years.

We often recommend that members who are having problems getting together medical evidence access their GP records and take copies of anything that is helpful. Of course, we cannot know whether you will find anything relevant, that partly depends on how good your GPs have been at record keeping, but it is worth a try.

Requesting Your Medical Recordsl

As you say, you should make sure that the ESA50 is returned in time. However, you don't have to wait until an appeal to send in other information. You can send it to ATOS and DWP as soon as it is available.

Sending Documents to the DWP or ATOS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: killbot99

More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #107728 by killbot99
Replied by killbot99 on topic Re Medical Evidence
Hi

Thanks for that I will ask my GP on Wednesday. I has exactly the same small amount of medical evidence last time but with all the new restrictions I fear that I might well need more this time around.

On a separate issue, I hope you will bear with me. I have recently sent 2 lots of documents off to various locations using Royal Mail recorded first class delivery. On one occasion it took 5 working days to be delivered. I then sent something off last week first class recorded and it is still not showing up online as being delivered although I have phoned the company up and they received it on Friday.

My question is I was thinking of sending my ESA50 via recorded delivery but these two experiences have put me off. Do the mods think it is worth shelling out for next day delivery? or should first class recorded suffice.

I don't want the stress of worrying about the wretched form getting lost or not being shown up as delivered but £6 plus is not a small sum when you have to factor in photocopying costs for medical evidence as well.
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #107747 by killbot99
Replied by killbot99 on topic Re Medical Evidence
Hi

Is there any value on sending a copy of my DLA award letter showing HRM and LRC indefinitely or could this be detrimental. I don't want them sniffing around my DLA as well?
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 9 months ago #107751 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re Medical Evidence

madcatwoman wrote: Hi

Thanks for that I will ask my GP on Wednesday. I has exactly the same small amount of medical evidence last time but with all the new restrictions I fear that I might well need more this time around.

On a separate issue, I hope you will bear with me. I have recently sent 2 lots of documents off to various locations using Royal Mail recorded first class delivery. On one occasion it took 5 working days to be delivered. I then sent something off last week first class recorded and it is still not showing up online as being delivered although I have phoned the company up and they received it on Friday.

My question is I was thinking of sending my ESA50 via recorded delivery but these two experiences have put me off. Do the mods think it is worth shelling out for next day delivery? or should first class recorded suffice.

I don't want the stress of worrying about the wretched form getting lost or not being shown up as delivered but £6 plus is not a small sum when you have to factor in photocopying costs for medical evidence as well.

If it will give you peace of mind then it may be worth considering despite the cost, but ultimately it is your decision.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 9 months ago #107755 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re Medical Evidence

madcatwoman wrote: Hi

Is there any value on sending a copy of my DLA award letter showing HRM and LRC indefinitely or could this be detrimental. I don't want them sniffing around my DLA as well?

There is always value in additional, independent evidence, but be aware that the LRC will count for very little in regard to ESA and the DLA mobility test is less strict that the ESA one, if you do, it will not raise the risk to your DLA claim, the computer already knows that you are claiming it :(

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.