× Members

Self Medication

• Dickdastardly
  • Topic Author
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #109037 by Dickdastardly
Self Medication was created by Dickdastardly
Is it wise to admit to using cannabis (for pain control) at a medical assesment :whistle:
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 9 months ago #109046 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Self Medication

Dickdastardly wrote: Is it wise to admit to using cannabis (for pain control) at a medical assesment :whistle:

I assume that this is a theoretical question.

As I understand it, possession of cannabis, unless prescribed by an appropriate medical practitioner, is illegal, there is also the question of whether self-medication is a sensible approach to dealing with a medical condition.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Dickdastardly
  • Topic Author
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #109050 by Dickdastardly
Replied by Dickdastardly on topic Self Medication
The question " Do you use street drugs" is listed as a probable question that may be asked. The use of cannabis is, I know for a fact, used quite successfully for pain relief, particularly by MS sufferers. I was just wondering which was worse. Telling fibs to the assesor, or admitting to using?
A theoretical question as you assumed..
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 9 months ago #109052 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Self Medication

Dickdastardly wrote: The question " Do you use street drugs" is listed as a probable question that may be asked. The use of cannabis is, I know for a fact, used quite successfully for pain relief, particularly by MS sufferers. I was just wondering which was worse. Telling fibs to the assesor, or admitting to using?
A theoretical question as you assumed..

I tried to dodge answering your question in my first post :)

I do not think it is appropriate for us to offer advice in regard to a claimant admitting or not to their committing an illegal act, this is a decision a person would need to make on their own, should the question be asked.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dickdastardly

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris