× Members

Self Medication

• Dickdastardly
  • Topic Author
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #109037 by Dickdastardly
Self Medication was created by Dickdastardly
Is it wise to admit to using cannabis (for pain control) at a medical assesment :whistle:
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #109046 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Self Medication

Dickdastardly wrote: Is it wise to admit to using cannabis (for pain control) at a medical assesment :whistle:

I assume that this is a theoretical question.

As I understand it, possession of cannabis, unless prescribed by an appropriate medical practitioner, is illegal, there is also the question of whether self-medication is a sensible approach to dealing with a medical condition.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Dickdastardly
  • Topic Author
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #109050 by Dickdastardly
Replied by Dickdastardly on topic Self Medication
The question " Do you use street drugs" is listed as a probable question that may be asked. The use of cannabis is, I know for a fact, used quite successfully for pain relief, particularly by MS sufferers. I was just wondering which was worse. Telling fibs to the assesor, or admitting to using?
A theoretical question as you assumed..
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 8 months ago #109052 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Self Medication

Dickdastardly wrote: The question " Do you use street drugs" is listed as a probable question that may be asked. The use of cannabis is, I know for a fact, used quite successfully for pain relief, particularly by MS sufferers. I was just wondering which was worse. Telling fibs to the assesor, or admitting to using?
A theoretical question as you assumed..

I tried to dodge answering your question in my first post :)

I do not think it is appropriate for us to offer advice in regard to a claimant admitting or not to their committing an illegal act, this is a decision a person would need to make on their own, should the question be asked.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dickdastardly

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.