× Members

ESA Work Related Activity Group

• liam mark
  • Topic Author
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #109066 by liam mark
ESA Work Related Activity Group was created by liam mark
I am a little confused and would be grateful if some could answer a question for me? I suffer from ulcerative colitis and arthritis, and have recently moved over to ESA and been placed in the WRAG group. Does this mean that I will now only receive ESA for 365 days? And if this is the case, what benefit would I have to claim after this time? I am a single male, with very little savings, and my only income at present is ESA benefit.
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #109071 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Work Related Activity Group

liam mark wrote: I am a little confused and would be grateful if some could answer a question for me? I suffer from ulcerative colitis and arthritis, and have recently moved over to ESA and been placed in the WRAG group. Does this mean that I will now only receive ESA for 365 days? And if this is the case, what benefit would I have to claim after this time? I am a single male, with very little savings, and my only income at present is ESA benefit.

If you were previously receiving IB or SDA you will have been transferred to Contribution Based ESA.

If you were receiving IS due to Incapacity then you will been transferred to Income Related ESA.

If it was IB with an IS top-up then it will be ESA(CB) with an ESA(IR) top-up.

Payment of ESA(CB) is limited to 365 days for claimants in the WRAG, however, at the end of the year, if you are eligible, you can be transferred to ESA(IR).

To receive ESA(IR) the DWP will look at your household income, assets and savings and any hours that a partner works, based on what you have posted it would seem likely that you will be eligible.

Asset rule for ESA(IR)

24 hour work rule for ESA(IR)

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: liam mark

• liam mark
  • Topic Author
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #109072 by liam mark
Replied by liam mark on topic ESA Work Related Activity Group
Thank you Gordon. That is very helpful.

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #109073 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Work Related Activity Group

liam mark wrote: Thank you Gordon. That is very helpful.

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.