× Members

WFI for Partners

More
10 years 8 months ago #109134 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic WFI for Partners

madcatwoman wrote: Hi

If I decide to go ahead and I receive the form do I just put a line through the mobility section or will this invalidate my claim? I intend to make it clear in any correspondence that the mobility award is not under review but obviously this is the DWP we are dealing with so it needs to be obvious.

I was looking for an online DLA eligibility test, I know I used one before that gave an indication of what you MIGHT be able to claim but I cannot seem to find it anymore.

Yes you can mark the Mobility section of any form as no change, however, you should be aware that the DWP can override this is they believe it reasonable to do so, this is something else that you should factor into your decision making process on whether to continue or not. I cannot provide any statistics on how likely it is that they will look at your mobility.

I think there is an online test, but it looks at a claimants basic entitlement to DLA, it does not look at the level of DLA you might expect to be entitled to.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #109136 by killbot99
Replied by killbot99 on topic WFI for Partners
Hi

I think B&W used to have an online DLA test, but it must have been withdrawn. I used the PIP one just for curiosity's sake and scored enough for both enhanced components so that was interesting, if not legally binding lol. Thank you both for your help today.

More
10 years 8 months ago #109154 by killbot99
Replied by killbot99 on topic WFI for Partners
Hi

After much consideration and being up most of last night I have decided not to pursue an upgrade for DLA.

I have spent a lot of time on different forums and there seem to be a lot of cases where people had their DLA awards reduced or removed altogether and I cannot afford to have that happen.

So I will be thankful with what I have got (which I genuinely am) and leave things well alone until PIP rears it's ugly head. It's not worth rocking the boat for an extra £30 a week when you realistically could lose a lot more. I am not greedy and I can manage with what I have.

On another note Hubby phoned JCP, spoke to an advisor who is passing all his concerns onto the relevant people and the advisor in question said she will ask her colleague to phone us. They may be able to do the WFI over the phone or defer it for the present time.

Thanks as usual again to the mods for their replies.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.