× Members

ESA Appeal

• Amanda
  • Topic Author
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #109089 by Amanda
ESA Appeal was created by Amanda
Hi I am due to go for my ESA appeal on the 29th of this month I know I should be collecting more evidence but there really isn't anymore I give them apart from my honest account on the day to there questions, My Dr wrote a great letter of support but was turned down because he didn't say why I was unable to work with all my medical problems! I have Fibromyalgia post whiplash from 97 that gives me many problems, lower back pain from 2 prolapsed discs that are agony when they go have bad back most of the time, underactive thyroid , tinnitus, meniers, bladder and bowel problems asthma, psoriasis, ME/cfs and more suffer badly with stress and to an extent depression, I have to go all the way to Chippenham even though I did say on the form I would like to go more local, to be honest I have been terribly stupid even reading the letters from the courts it hadn't clicked I was really going to court has freaked me out big time, now feel like a criminal, before I stopped work I was really happy loved life now just a shell of my former self and badly want to go out to work and meet people as am getting really down living in the middle of nowhere seeing nobody but with my toilet needs will be an issue and I have these days where I just can't stand up or function. Any help will be greatly received Thank you.
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #109091 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Appeal
Amanda

Although the Tribunal Service is part of HM Courts and Tribunals, a tribunal is nothing like a criminal court case, whilst the process is procedural it is far more informal and there most certainly is no guilty party :)

If you do not have any more evidence then you do not, the panel will look at everything with a fresh eye as they re-making the original Decision from scratch.

They will ask you about how you are affected by your conditions, so you will have an opportunity to explain your problems even if you struggled to do so on paper.

Have a look at the following which may give you some ideas on how to prepare for the hearing.

Disability Rights UK Factsheet - Appeals and reconsiderations

Preparing for a Tribunal

MOJ Video of ESA Appeals Process and Tribunal

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by Gordon.

• Amanda
  • Topic Author
10 years 8 months ago #109103 by Amanda
Replied by Amanda on topic ESA Appeal
Thank you very much for your help Gordon Amanda

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.