× Members

DWP & ATOS Decisions?

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #109092 by Augustus
DWP & ATOS Decisions? was created by Augustus
Hi
Could someone offer guidance about my quandry please:

I am currently being re-assessed for ESA having been in the Support Group. I returned ESA50 in May and am still waiting for news.
On calling ATOS for feedback, they said I was in a "workstack" waiting for a medical slot. If I was unhappy with the time it takes I should contact DWP.
I did so and DWP told me that a decision was taken on 26 June to keep me in the Support Group. They said they could not help me with the irreconcilable information I have. I am a bit suspicious that the DWP hasn't communicated their decision after nearly two months, nor can they say what period that new Support Group placement is for.
Have i been misinformed by DWP, in that ATOS make the recommendations to DWP? Or has ATOS messed up?
I am concerned now because I don't know what to do when an ATOS medical appointment comes - ignore it or go anyway.

Grateful for anyone's instinct on what might have happened.
Thank you
A
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by . Reason: Tick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #109098 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DWP & ATOS Decisions?

Augustus wrote: Hi
Could someone offer guidance about my quandry please:

I am currently being re-assessed for ESA having been in the Support Group. I returned ESA50 in May and am still waiting for news.
On calling ATOS for feedback, they said I was in a "workstack" waiting for a medical slot. If I was unhappy with the time it takes I should contact DWP.
I did so and DWP told me that a decision was taken on 26 June to keep me in the Support Group. They said they could not help me with the irreconcilable information I have. I am a bit suspicious that the DWP hasn't communicated their decision after nearly two months, nor can they say what period that new Support Group placement is for.
Have i been misinformed by DWP, in that ATOS make the recommendations to DWP? Or has ATOS messed up?
I am concerned now because I don't know what to do when an ATOS medical appointment comes - ignore it or go anyway.

Grateful for anyone's instinct on what might have happened.
Thank you
A

Both ATOS and the DWP regularly provide incorrect information to claimants, all I can recommend is that you contact the DWP again and ask them for the Decision Notice letter that you are entitled to if a Decision was made on 26 June.

If in the interim you receive an appointment for an ESA assessment, then this would strongly suggest that it is the DWP who have got it wrong, as the appointment would mean that ATOS are still in possession of your file and have not previously returned it to the DWP for a Decision to be made. This being the case you would need to attend.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.