× Members

blue bade rewnewal

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #109119 by Jellybean
blue bade rewnewal was created by Jellybean
Hi everyone

I put in for renewal on my blue badge as after having it for three years it came to at end in july this year I sent off for it at the end of MAY well today it arrived and to my horror after sending loads of medical evidence GP supporting letter also informed then that I had been put back into the support group for three years plus THEY did not require for me to attend a medical they have only awarded me the badge for six months yes six months I am in total shock Its beggars belief has this happened to any one else I am so mad it was to late to talk to my local council but boy will I let go on this one tomorrow I get DVLA High Mob low care I would like to know what or if there is any thing I can do about this

Cheers Gezza
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #109120 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic blue bade rewnewal

gezza wrote: Hi everyone

I put in for renewal on my blue badge as after having it for three years it came to at end in july this year I sent off for it at the end of MAY well today it arrived and to my horror after sending loads of medical evidence GP supporting letter also informed then that I had been put back into the support group for three years plus THEY did not require for me to attend a medical they have only awarded me the badge for six months yes six months I am in total shock Its beggars belief has this happened to any one else I am so mad it was to late to talk to my local council but boy will I let go on this one tomorrow I get DVLA High Mob low care I would like to know what or if there is any thing I can do about this

Cheers Gezza

You will need to speak to your local authority about it.

How long has your DLA Higher Rate Mobility been awarded for as I would expect your Blue Badge to match this or a maximum of three years?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by Gordon.

• Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
More
10 years 8 months ago #109147 by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
Replied by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law) on topic blue bade rewnewal

Gordon wrote:

gezza wrote: Hi everyone

Cheers Gezza

You will need to speak to your local authority about it.

How long has your DLA Higher Rate Mobility been awarded for as I would expect your Blue Badge to match this or a maximum of three years?

Gordon

If you are in receipt of DLA HRM, then you automatically are entitled to a Blue Badge as long as you still have a current award. As Gordon has advised, contact the County Council which issued your last BB, unless you live in a unitary authority or metropolitan borough, if so contact them.

You can also apply for a Blue Badge renewal online at www.gov.uk, and type Blue Badge in the search box, which will take you to your local authority.

PLEASE READ THE SPOTLIGHTS AREA OF THE FORUM REGULARLY, OTHERWISE YOU MAY MISS OUT ON IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 8 months ago #109162 by denise
Replied by denise on topic blue bade rewnewal
That,s right i renewed mine and i sent it away with my award letter and they sent me back a new one for 3 years my rate is high care and high mobility. perhaps their not being so giving and what council you are with

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.