× Members

Income Related ESA

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #109125 by Charlie11
Income Related ESA was created by Charlie11
I am currently in the process of applying for Income Related ESA and on the form it states that you must provide proof of all capital held if over £5500. However, on your website it details that you cane have capital of up to £6000 without it affecting the claim.

Can you please clarify this and advise me further?

C
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #109129 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Income Related ESA

Charlie wrote: I am currently in the process of applying for Income Related ESA and on the form it states that you must provide proof of all capital held if over £5500. However, on your website it details that you cane have capital of up to £6000 without it affecting the claim.

Can you please clarify this and advise me further?

C

Deductions are made if you assets and savings exceed £6000, even if this is by 1p, the £5500 is an administrative value that the DWP use to decide when supporting documentation is required.

I hope this explains it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 8 months ago #109130 by Charlie11
Replied by Charlie11 on topic Income Related ESA
:cheer: thanks very much for your quick reply

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.