× Members

Sanctions for not attending WFIs?

• James
  • Topic Author
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #109166 by James
Sanctions for not attending WFIs? was created by James
Please bear with me as this is my last query today-I am very excited fearful and flustered having just received the dreaded WRAG letter-its a big moment for me after several years on IB.
Apart from my other enquiry I read the Sanction info link.
It says payment will be reduced by £71 until the claimant "plays ball".followed by an odd "fixed time period of up to 4 weeks(I dont understand that)
Presumably this removal of £71 pw is indefinite until a year of CB ESA is up?
£71 from £120 per week leaves £50 enough to live on and not far removed from the much more stressful JSA so it might be an option.
Would DWP NI contributions be kept up during that time too?
So am I correct in thinking that if one simply takes the position" I am not attending any WFIs or Work PLacements "I will receive £50 pw regardless.?
What would it take for ESA to be chopped off all together?
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #109167 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Sanctions for not attending WFIs?

James wrote: Please bear with me as this is my last query today-I am very excited fearful and flustered having just received the dreaded WRAG letter-its a big moment for me after several years on IB.
Apart from my other enquiry I read the Sanction info link.
It says payment will be reduced by £71 until the claimant "plays ball".followed by an odd "fixed time period of up to 4 weeks(I dont understand that)
Presumably this removal of £71 pw is indefinite until a year of CB ESA is up?
£71 from £120 per week leaves £50 enough to live on and not far removed from the much more stressful JSA so it might be an option.
Would DWP NI contributions be kept up during that time too?
So am I correct in thinking that if one simply takes the position" I am not attending any WFIs or Work PLacements "I will receive £50 pw regardless.?
What would it take for ESA to be chopped off all together?

If a sanction is made then it continues in place until the cause of the sanction is removed, for example if you fail to attend a WFI then the sanction remains in place until you do attend a WFI, the extra "weeks" are then added on.

In principle, if you continue to fail to attend, then the DWP cannot increase the sanction amount only the period for which it applies.

As you would remain entitled to ESA, NI Credits should continue to be paid.

ESA(CB) is payable, subject to the 365 day limit, as long as you continue to have Limited Capability for Work.

In case you are not aware, after the 365 days, if you are eligible you can be transferred to Income Related ESA and payments would continue.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.