× Members

independent report

More
10 years 8 months ago #109588 by MariW
Replied by MariW on topic independent report
Thanks Bro58,

There is nothing more medics can do for me but I have been mulling over the possibility of paying out for a private assessment should I fail to get into the Support Group. However, your reply to Zim’s post make 100% good sense. I’d opt for an OT report if medical statements of the functional limitations that stem from my diagnosed progressive condition are not enough.

MW

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #109592 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic independent report

MariW wrote: Thanks Bro58,

There is nothing more medics can do for me but I have been mulling over the possibility of paying out for a private assessment should I fail to get into the Support Group. However, your reply to Zim’s post make 100% good sense. I’d opt for an OT report if medical statements of the functional limitations that stem from my diagnosed progressive condition are not enough.

MW

Hi MW,

Whether one should opt to pay for a private report is of course a matter of individual choice, and importantly, whether or not one can afford it.

I think the OP was considering this option as they live in France, and were originally examined for the ESA WCA by a French Doctor.

bro58
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by bro58.

• zim
  • Topic Author
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #112032 by zim
Replied by zim on topic independent report
Good evening

I have obtained a comprehensive OT's assessment report on my mobility, and forwarded it to the Tribunal services. I read on one of the 'sticky' topics on this forum, that it is advisable to also send a copy to the DWP; could you tell me, please, would it be best to send it to the ESA department, or The Pension Service Appeals Team, who compiled the case against me. ?
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 6 months ago #112035 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic independent report

zim wrote: Good evening

I have obtained a comprehensive OT's assessment report on my mobility, and forwarded it to the Tribunal services. I read on one of the 'sticky' topics on this forum, that it is advisable to also send a copy to the DWP; could you tell me, please, would it be best to send it to the ESA department, or The Pension Service Appeals Team, who compiled the case against me. ?

As your appeal is already with the Tribunal Service then you should send it them only, it is their responsibility to provide copies to the DWP, in fact sending a copy to the DWP can cause procedural irregularities on the day of your hearing.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• zim
  • Topic Author
10 years 6 months ago #112050 by zim
Replied by zim on topic independent report
Thanks for that, Gordon. I won't post them a copy!

Just read this;

GUIDANCE FOR THOSE WHO APPEAR BEFORE TRIBUNALS.
4. Where the representative has succeeded in obtaining documentary evidence, such as a medical report, in advance of the hearing, that evidence should be copied at the earliest opportunity to the clerk to the tribunal and to the respondent in the appeal (typically the Department for Work and Pensions or local authority).

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.