× Members

Tribunal correspondence delays

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #109784 by Jonathan
Tribunal correspondence delays was created by Jonathan
Hi,

I sent a letter to the Tribunals Service on 26th July to notify them of my representatives and to supply a little bit of extra evidence for my DLA appeal. I also mentioned that I was waiting for a report from my GP which I would forward on in due course.

On 9th August I received a page-numbered photocopy of my evidence from the Tribunals Service to include in my own appeal bundle, and a confirmation message that they had forwarded the evidence onto the other parties involved (presumably the DWP and my representatives).

On that same day, I received the report from my GP so again I forwarded it, along with a few other notes, on to the TS. However, I've not had correspondence back yet to say they've received it along with a copy for my appeal bundle.

I read somewhere that the TS aim to provide acknowledgement within 10 working days (indeed, 26th July to 9th August is exactly 10 working days), but now it's been 15 working days and I've not yet heard anything back. So I have a couple of questions:

1. I know the TS are very busy these days, so could it just be that there are delays in getting correspondence out to people to confirm receipt of additional evidence and I will still receive a copy in due course?

2. Or, because I wrote to them on 26th July with the details of my representatives, would they send the acknowledgement and copies to them from now on, and not to me?

I foolishly forgot to keep a copy of what I sent to the TS so I need my own copy from them. My MP also wants to see a copy because he's writing to the Chief Executive of the DWP, so everything is held up waiting for the TS to get in touch. Lesson learned there for future.

Thanks for any insight.
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #109785 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Tribunal correspondence delays

Jonathan wrote: Hi,

I sent a letter to the Tribunals Service on 26th July to notify them of my representatives and to supply a little bit of extra evidence for my DLA appeal. I also mentioned that I was waiting for a report from my GP which I would forward on in due course.

On 9th August I received a page-numbered photocopy of my evidence from the Tribunals Service to include in my own appeal bundle, and a confirmation message that they had forwarded the evidence onto the other parties involved (presumably the DWP and my representatives).

On that same day, I received the report from my GP so again I forwarded it, along with a few other notes, on to the TS. However, I've not had correspondence back yet to say they've received it along with a copy for my appeal bundle.

I read somewhere that the TS aim to provide acknowledgement within 10 working days (indeed, 26th July to 9th August is exactly 10 working days), but now it's been 15 working days and I've not yet heard anything back. So I have a couple of questions:

1. I know the TS are very busy these days, so could it just be that there are delays in getting correspondence out to people to confirm receipt of additional evidence and I will still receive a copy in due course?

2. Or, because I wrote to them on 26th July with the details of my representatives, would they send the acknowledgement and copies to them from now on, and not to me?

I foolishly forgot to keep a copy of what I sent to the TS so I need my own copy from them. My MP also wants to see a copy because he's writing to the Chief Executive of the DWP, so everything is held up waiting for the TS to get in touch. Lesson learned there for future.

Thanks for any insight.

Hi J,

There should be a telephone number on any TS letters that you have. (E-mail also)

You could phone and/or e-mail the TS to gain confirmation that they have received the recent evidence that you sent to them, and request copies of any documentation that you may need for yourself and your M.P.

bro58
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.