× Members

Age appropriate and bodily functions

• helen
  • Topic Author
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #109795 by helen
Hello can anyone please inform me what is included in the term bodily functions? My son who is 8 needs reassurance and comforting back to sleep. Also what care is age appropriate and what supervision outside? Thanks
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by bro58. Reason: Tick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #109798 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Age appropriate and bodily functions

helen wrote: Hello can anyone please inform me what is included in the term bodily functions? My son who is 8 needs reassurance and comforting back to sleep. Also what care is age appropriate and what supervision outside? Thanks

Bodily functions means things like eating, drinking , sleeping, going to the toilet.

Age appropriate means things that you would reasonably expect an 8 year old to be capable of.

These terms are explain in more detail in our DLA Claims for Children in the Members only area.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/dla/#dlaclaims

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• helen
  • Topic Author
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #109867 by helen
Replied by helen on topic Age appropriate and bodily functions
thankyou.
i have read on places like cerebra that calming and reassuring particularly during the night, is counted in bodily functions
and
i was looking particularly for the sort of list of age appropriate abilities and needs that the dla refer to.
do you know ? thanks
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 8 months ago #109874 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Age appropriate and bodily functions

helen wrote: thankyou.
i have read on places like cerebra that calming and reassuring particularly during the night, is counted in bodily functions
and
i was looking particularly for the sort of list of age appropriate abilities and needs that the dla refer to.
do you know ? thanks

As far as I am aware there is no specific list of age appropriate abilities, the test is whether a child of the same age would reasonably have the same problems.

I do not think that "calming and reassuring" would count as a bodily functions, however, I think they would be relevant in regard to sleep, which is a bodily function.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• bro58
10 years 8 months ago #109876 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Age appropriate and bodily functions
Hi H,

This may also be helpful :

DRUK DLA for Under 16 Year Olds

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris