× Members

Age appropriate and bodily functions

• helen
  • Topic Author
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #109795 by helen
Hello can anyone please inform me what is included in the term bodily functions? My son who is 8 needs reassurance and comforting back to sleep. Also what care is age appropriate and what supervision outside? Thanks
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by bro58. Reason: Tick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #109798 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Age appropriate and bodily functions

helen wrote: Hello can anyone please inform me what is included in the term bodily functions? My son who is 8 needs reassurance and comforting back to sleep. Also what care is age appropriate and what supervision outside? Thanks

Bodily functions means things like eating, drinking , sleeping, going to the toilet.

Age appropriate means things that you would reasonably expect an 8 year old to be capable of.

These terms are explain in more detail in our DLA Claims for Children in the Members only area.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/dla/#dlaclaims

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• helen
  • Topic Author
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #109867 by helen
Replied by helen on topic Age appropriate and bodily functions
thankyou.
i have read on places like cerebra that calming and reassuring particularly during the night, is counted in bodily functions
and
i was looking particularly for the sort of list of age appropriate abilities and needs that the dla refer to.
do you know ? thanks
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 8 months ago #109874 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Age appropriate and bodily functions

helen wrote: thankyou.
i have read on places like cerebra that calming and reassuring particularly during the night, is counted in bodily functions
and
i was looking particularly for the sort of list of age appropriate abilities and needs that the dla refer to.
do you know ? thanks

As far as I am aware there is no specific list of age appropriate abilities, the test is whether a child of the same age would reasonably have the same problems.

I do not think that "calming and reassuring" would count as a bodily functions, however, I think they would be relevant in regard to sleep, which is a bodily function.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• bro58
10 years 8 months ago #109876 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Age appropriate and bodily functions
Hi H,

This may also be helpful :

DRUK DLA for Under 16 Year Olds

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.