× Members

Reassessment Date

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #109872 by citymike
Reassessment Date was created by citymike
Hi
Following a paper assessment in Oct 2012 I was placed in the support group for 12 months.
Since this award I won my appeal for the support group from an assessment in 2011, at the tribunal it was recommended I was not retested for 2 years, however after writing to the DWP they said that they were still using the decision made in 2012 and that my next assessment would be in Mid Oct 2013 and that I would be sent a new form in early Aug 2013.
It is now early Sept and I have not received the form. Could this be just due to a backlog of work or is it possible they have looked again at the Tribunal recommendation made earlier this year.
Thanks CM
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #109873 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Reassessment Date
I'm afraid that, when dealing with the DWP, pretty much anything is possible! However, the 2012 decision would limit the tribunal decision. The tribunal decision would be backdated from 2011 and would end at the date of the 2012 decision. So DWP should now be working on the assessment date recommended in 2012.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• bro58
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #109875 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Reassessment Date

citymike wrote: Hi
Following a paper assessment in Oct 2012 I was placed in the support group for 12 months.
Since this award I won my appeal for the support group from an assessment in 2011, at the tribunal it was recommended I was not retested for 2 years, however after writing to the DWP they said that they were still using the decision made in 2012 and that my next assessment would be in Mid Oct 2013 and that I would be sent a new form in early Aug 2013.
It is now early Sept and I have not received the form. Could this be just due to a backlog of work or is it possible they have looked again at the Tribunal recommendation made earlier this year.
Thanks CM

Hi cm,

I suspect that you already know what my response is going to be. :)

You would have to contact the WCA Team at the Benefits Office dealing with your ESA to see whether they have re-referred you to ATOS.

If they have, it may also be worth contacting ATOS.

In saying that, we have noted recently that members have been suffering delays in their dealings with DWP/ATOS.

It is still the holiday period, so there may be a lot of staff on annual leave.

It is of course up to you on how to proceed.

bro58
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by bro58.

More
10 years 7 months ago #112107 by citymike
Replied by citymike on topic Reassessment Date
Just an update. My 12 month award ran out last week, however I have still not received a new ESA50 to be reassessed. I can only presume there must be a backlog of work.
I will just sit and wait.
CM

More
10 years 7 months ago #112128 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Reassessment Date
As you say Mike, all you can do is wait. I know that you are not the only one in this situation - which I know is of absolutely no consolation at all!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.