× Members

ESA50 outcome

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #109886 by Feelinghopeless
ESA50 outcome was created by Feelinghopeless
Hi,

My recent ESA50 deadline was 16th July. I was in WRAG for a year, but in the last two years I have been in the support group. I phoned DWP today as have not yet heard anything and my current ESA award is for one year from September 2012 to August 2013. The man at the DWP said that my form is at the 'pre-booking stage'.

Two questions:

1) From the Atos Handbook information I downloaded from this site, it says that the pre-booking stage is for 'those who might be eligible for the support group without a face to face interview' - does this mean that it is unlikely that I will be called in for a medical? I sent in loads of letters from all mental health professionals involved and most definitely meet the requirements for at least one of the descriptors.

2) in the event that the decision goes against me and I am either put in WRAG (and will therefore receive no money as already was in WRAG for 365 days, and do not meet special criteria), or fit for work, if they still pay me while I await the decision, will they expect me to pay the money back? I understand from this site that they cannot stop your money without seeing you at a medical, so will assume they will continue to pay me during September even though my previous award was only till this August, so will they expect me to pay back any money if decision rules against me.

Many thanks
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #109888 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA50 outcome
Hi mc,

Unlike DLA, ESA is actually an unlimited award, so payment will continue until a new decision is made.

I wouldn't read too much into what you were told on the phone as the contact centre staff are often poorly trained and do not always know the jargon. It is probably safe to say that your form is still with ATOS who will make a decision as to whether you need to attend a face2face assessment or whether they can make a recommendation based solely on your paperwork.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Feelinghopeless

• bro58
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #109889 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA50 outcome

mad cow wrote: Hi,

My recent ESA50 deadline was 16th July. I was in WRAG for a year, but in the last two years I have been in the support group. I phoned DWP today as have not yet heard anything and my current ESA award is for one year from September 2012 to August 2013. The man at the DWP said that my form is at the 'pre-booking stage'.

Two questions:

1) From the Atos Handbook information I downloaded from this site, it says that the pre-booking stage is for 'those who might be eligible for the support group without a face to face interview' - does this mean that it is unlikely that I will be called in for a medical? I sent in loads of letters from all mental health professionals involved and most definitely meet the requirements for at least one of the descriptors.

2) in the event that the decision goes against me and I am either put in WRAG (and will therefore receive no money as already was in WRAG for 365 days, and do not meet special criteria), or fit for work, if they still pay me while I await the decision, will they expect me to pay the money back? I understand from this site that they cannot stop your money without seeing you at a medical, so will assume they will continue to pay me during September even though my previous award was only till this August, so will they expect me to pay back any money if decision rules against me.

Many thanks

Hi mc,

1. It's hard to give a definitive answer here, other than the more evidence that you have provided, the more likely it is that you will not be required to attend a F2F.

2. You cannot be found fit for work unless you have first undergone a F2F. You can be placed into The WRAG or The SG on paper evidence alone.

If your are placed into The WRAG, and you have previously exhausted your 365 days entitlement to CB ESA in The WRAG, you would not receive any monies, even if you appeal, unless you are entitled to IR ESA.

The same goes if you have a F2F and are found fit for work and appeal, you would not receive any monies unless you are entitled to IR ESA.

If you are placed into The SG once more, payment of your CB ESA will continue for as long as you remain in The SG.

You will continue to receive CB ESA in The SG until a decision is made on your current reassessment, so there will be no question of you having to pay any money back.

Asset rule for ESA(IR)

24 hour work rule for ESA(IR)

bro58
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.