× Members

My first employment and support allownace form to

• croxley_222
  • Topic Author
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #109924 by croxley_222
I am 60 years old am receiving incapacity benefit and income support for last 14 years.. I need to assessed for Employment and support allowance and have received the form to fill. I have Hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy (HOCM). I had an ICD device fitted in 2000 and also had a minor stroke in 2008. Looking at the questions on form I probably will fail all of them but when I am walking I get breathlessness and also having a pain in left arm and palpitations.

Any help here to fill the form will be greatly appreciated. There is also a number to call for help CLS Direct helpline on 0845 345 4 345, will I call this number now or fill the form send it and call them after they have made a decision.
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by . Reason: Tick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #109932 by Gordon

croxley_222 wrote: I am 60 years old am receiving incapacity benefit and income support for last 14 years.. I need to assessed for Employment and support allowance and have received the form to fill. I have Hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy (HOCM). I had an ICD device fitted in 2000 and also had a minor stroke in 2008. Looking at the questions on form I probably will fail all of them but when I am walking I get breathlessness and also having a pain in left arm and palpitations.

Any help here to fill the form will be greatly appreciated. There is also a number to call for help CLS Direct helpline on 0845 345 4 345, will I call this number now or fill the form send it and call them after they have made a decision.

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

Please have a look at our ESA Claim guides

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa

These explain how can you can transpose the limitations that result from your conditions onto each of the questions and more importantly the actual ESA Descriptors that you will be assessed against.

We are happy to try an answer any questions you might have, please reply to this post is you can.

CLS stands for Community Legal Advice, we always recommend that claimants get advice where they are able, they may be able to help you complete your ESA50. The following may also help you to find assistance.

Where to get advice?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• croxley_222
  • Topic Author
10 years 8 months ago #109951 by croxley_222
Replied by croxley_222 on topic My first employment and support allownace form to
Thank you for your reply, I will call Community Legal Advice and what information they can give.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.