× Members

ESA letter and wrong phone number

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #109929 by SharonB1
ESA letter and wrong phone number was created by SharonB1
I have been on SDA for many years and today received a letter saying I am going to be assessed for ESA and will soon be telephoned. I am profoundly deaf and can't hear on the phone at all and don't answer the phone. I noticed on the letter the phone number they stated to they were going to contact me on is my old house number. The letter said if the number is wrong to phone them to tell them but I don't see the point as I can't take calls anyway! Is it okay for me to ignore this and just wait for the questionnaire to be sent and not correct the wrong phone number?
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #109934 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA letter and wrong phone number

Shaz wrote: I have been on SDA for many years and today received a letter saying I am going to be assessed for ESA and will soon be telephoned. I am profoundly deaf and can't hear on the phone at all and don't answer the phone. I noticed on the letter the phone number they stated to they were going to contact me on is my old house number. The letter said if the number is wrong to phone them to tell them but I don't see the point as I can't take calls anyway! Is it okay for me to ignore this and just wait for the questionnaire to be sent and not correct the wrong phone number?

Hi S,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

You are are third member in a couple of weeks who is in receipt of SDA and are now beginning the transfer over to ESA.

You do not have to answer any phone calls from ATOS or The DWP. The process can proceed with paper correspondence alone.

As your profound deafness obviously precludes you from telephone contact anyway, you may wish to inform them of this in the appropriate section of the ESA50 Questionnaire which should arrive through the post within the next fortnight or so. You still do not have to provide a phone number if you do not wish to.

Have a read through this document :

"Being transferred from incapacity benefit to employment and support allowance. A 22 page guide to the transfer process."

At the top of this page :

ESA Claims Guides

As you have received the conversion notice letter, and can expect to receive the ESA50 Questionnaire through the post in the coming weeks, you could start filling in the ESA50 Questionnaire now to give your self a head start by :

Using The PDF Version Of The ESA50 Questionnaire

Whilst referring to the ESA Claims Guides under the heading :

"New ESA50 form"

On the same ESA Claims Guides page as above.

It has to be filled in and returned it to ATOS by the deadline that you will be given when you receive the hard copy ESA50 through the post.

See also :

How long do I have to complete the ESA50?

ESA50 too big for the envelope

&

Sending Documents to the DWP or ATOS

It may also help, if you read through our :

IB, IS, SDA, Migration to ESA FAQ’s

And our :

ESA FAQ’s

You might wish to Favourite/Bookmark this page, so that you can find it again easily.

You can then pose any further queries, as and when they crop up by replying to the topic.

bro58
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.