× Members

Advice needed please on filling out ESA50

• Boxer amba
  • Topic Author
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #109930 by Boxer amba
Advice needed please on filling out ESA50 was created by Boxer amba
Firstly can I just say what a fantastic and informative site. I wonder if I could pease ask for some advice.
I am currently in the process of being transferred from IB to ESA and have received the dreaded form.
I have been diagnosed with SLE,Degenerative nerve condition,Raynauds and bowel disease.
My first question is this.
Standing and sitting: I can rise from a sitting position unaided with great difficulty but it causes considerable pain in joints and fatigue. I also have spasms and weakness in my legs. Unfortunately I have no choice but to do this unaided at home when partner is a work as I have to visit the bathroom every 30 mins or so. So I have no choice but to do it repeatedly. Therefore I am unable to stay either standing or sitting in one position for more than 30 mins. Should I include this hear or should that only go under the bowels and bladder section?
Will I loose any points because I can do it even though I have no choice but to do it no matter what the pain or exhaustion is?
Secondly I took this form in to my Gp and he actually wrote his comments on the form itself and stamped and signed each section. Was that ok for him to do or would a covering letter have been better?
Thank you in advance for any assistance you can give.
Boxeramba
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #109935 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Advice needed please on filling out ESA50
BA

A couple of points for you.

You are entitled to discount any activity that causes you significant discomfort of worse.

There is no reason why you should not include a limitation in more than one question, if it applies you should use it. The Standing and Sitting test requires you to remain at a workstation, if you are unable to remain then you should explain why.

It is unusual for your GP to have added their comments to the form, but providing you are happy with what they have written there is no problem with them doing so, just make it clear, if it is not already that they are your GP's comments.

You may already be doing so, but in case you are not, please refer to our ESA Claim guides for more information.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Boxer amba
  • Topic Author
10 years 8 months ago #109946 by Boxer amba
Replied by Boxer amba on topic Advice needed please on filling out ESA50
Gordon,
Thank you so much for your prompt and helpful reply, It is really appreciated.
Boxeramba

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.