× Members

Ill Health Retirement from work vs ESA

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #109942 by pacaka
Hi, not sure if this has been on here before but i have not seen anything.

I was retired from work through ill health in 2003 and in total saw 8 consultants (my own /pension fund/work ) in 2009 i was reassessed by pension fund and found not fit for work (any role) and I was reassessed this July 2013 and again found to be unfit for work in fact because of my age (59) and how my illness has not improved over time they are not going to reassess me any more which in itself is excellent news as the stress through these re assessments was unbelievable .

One day after receiving this news i received my ESA .I originally received IB because I receive high rate DLA...

As you can see going back to work is not really applicable given age and illness...Do DLP/Atos take these things into account ...If (and given all feedback i have seen) I will be passed fit for work where does that leave me and my ill health pension.

I have Bi Polar dep. with Pyschotic episodes I have to be with somebody 24/7 due to the number of suicide attempts ..Tablets are locked away ..have to be pushed to do things during day from getting out of bed....I also have a long term urinary problem and prostate problem whereby i have accidents !
How do they interrogate Mental cases (sorry no pun intended) as Atos medicals ?

Many Thanks
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #109948 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Ill Health Retirement from work vs ESA
Hi pacaka,

Your ESA application will be judged solely according to the specific descriptors. Your ill-health retirement is a separate issue totally. However, it might be that reports from previous medicals could be helpful to your claim, in which case you should include a copy with your supporting evidence.

When you fill in your ESA50 form you should make good use of our guides and clearly show how your impairments relate to the descriptors.

ESA claims and appeals

Our FAQs will also be helpful, one of these tells you what to expect if you should be called to undergo a face2face assessment.

ESA FAQs

IB/IS/SDA transfer FAQs

There is a lot of reading material here! I suggest that you bookmark this topic, or make it a favourite on your web browser, so that you can come back to it easily in future. You will also be able to ask any further questions here and we will have the benefit of everything being kept in one place :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: pacaka

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.