× Members

has the linking rule completely gone?

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #110077 by Dave Evans
has the linking rule completely gone? was created by Dave Evans
Does anyone know what happens if you try to go back to work after ESA then discover you are still too unwell to work? I believe the linking rule might have been phased out.
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 7 months ago #110081 by

Dave Evans wrote: Does anyone know what happens if you try to go back to work after ESA then discover you are still too unwell to work? I believe the linking rule might have been phased out.

Hi,

There is still a 12 week linking rule with ESA.

See this extract :

"Linking PLCW

41111 Claimants do not have to serve waiting days if there is a linking PLCW. There is a linking PLCW when a PLCW is separated from another such period by not more than 12 weeks."

(PLCW = Period of Limited Capability for Work)

At 41111 of : DM Guide Ch 41

Therefore, if you attempted work, and found that you could not cope with it within that 12 week period, you would not have to make a fresh claim for ESA.

bro58

10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #110082 by
Hi,

Just to add,

If your forum name is also your real name, you may wish to change it to maintain some anonymity.

This can be done quite easily by following the instructions on this FAQ:

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

bro58

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #110089 by Dave Evans
Replied by Dave Evans on topic has the linking rule completely gone?
Thank you for the prompt reply. Sorry to be a pain, but is the information in the link provided definitely the current iteration of the rules? I've been getting conflicting advice from various sources all day.

10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #110092 by

Dave Evans wrote: Thank you for the prompt reply. Sorry to be a pain, but is the information in the link provided definitely the current iteration of the rules? I've been getting conflicting advice from various sources all day.

Hi,

The 12 week linking rule is still in force and current.

Recently a relative of mine was in the exactly the scenario that you posed in your first post.

As they had to finish the work within 12 weeks of them closing the ESA claim, due to their health, their claim was reinstated without any problems.

The relative cited the extract from the DM Guide that I have provided.

bro58

More
10 years 7 months ago #110095 by Dave Evans
Replied by Dave Evans on topic has the linking rule completely gone?
Thanks again, the unequivocal advice is very much appreciated. Have a good evening.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.