× Members

SAR

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #110108 by TwistedWitch
SAR was created by TwistedWitch
Is there a defined time limit within which the DWP have to provide documents requested under a SAR?

I sent off for my records following a successful transmission to ESA Support Group on 4th July. They signed for it on 6th July. I realised tomorrow it will be 9 weeks since they received it and I have heard nothing, so I phoned them. The woman tried to make out that they received it on 5th August!!!!! I stood my ground and said that it was signed for on 6th July, and asked where on earth it had been for a whole month. She just apologised and said it had been sent to Hyde..... at least it sounded like Hyde for the DM to sort out.

I thought I had read somewhere that they are meant to respond to these things in 40 days and they are well past that time limit, if that is an actual limit.

So is there a time limit, or can they just take all the time they want? I really would like the paperwork safely filed away before they hit me with new forms, possibly as early as January, since they only gave me a 12 month prognosis at the beginning of July.
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #110112 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic SAR
TW

Under normal circumstances a SAR should be responded to within 40 Calendar days, from your post the DWP have significantly exceeded this with no apparent reason, so you are entitled to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner.

www.ico.org.uk/

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 7 months ago #110116 by TwistedWitch
Replied by TwistedWitch on topic SAR
Thanks for the prompt reply Gordon.

Now, of course, I have the thorny issue of 'is it worth it', or will they hold it against me for future dealings with them! Oh the paranoia of being in the benefits system!

I think I will give it another couple of weeks. She said she made a note I called. That will be 40 days from when they are alleging they received it, although I have proof it was much earlier, and if I haven't heard by then, I guess the complaint is in order.

Really I just want my information. I want to know which were positives on my form and which descriptor I met to get into the SG in case they do an about face on me next time around.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.