× Members

arrears

• flora wilson
  • Topic Author
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #110135 by flora wilson
arrears was created by flora wilson
i have been waiting to recieve severe disability premium for some time due to having to appeal my dla decision.
now esa have told me they are going to contact the council who i pay direct deductions to to see if they want my arrears is this right
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #110140 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic arrears

flora wilson wrote: i have been waiting to recieve severe disability premium for some time due to having to appeal my dla decision.
now esa have told me they are going to contact the council who i pay direct deductions to to see if they want my arrears is this right

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

Forgive me, but I am a bit confused by your post.

The Severe Disability Premium is paid as an addition to an Income Related Benefit such as ESA(IR) or Income Support, I believe it is also taken into account when calculating Housing Benefit.

To qualify for the Premium you need to be in receipt of DLA Care at either the Middle or Higher rate, live alone, and nobody must be receiving Carers Allowance for you.

You say you are having to appeal your DLA Decision, what are you actually appealing?

Have you lost your DLA Care award or are you only receiving the Lower rate?

You say you are paying the Council "direct deductions", can you explain more?

What arrears do you owe and to who?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.