× Members

Which box to tick for can't walk 100m repeatedy

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #110167 by hendrix
Hello,

I'm getting confused by the change in wording for the mobilising question. The old ESA50 asked 'can you move at least' 50m or 200m and didn't mention repeatability. The new one asks 'how far can you move safely and repeatedly' 50m, 100m, or 200m.

Which box should I tick to show that I can't walk 100m repeatedly? 50m or 100m? I would tick the 100m box except that it now specifically says on the form only answer yes if you can do the activity repeatedly. Therefore I think the correct box is the 50m one.

Surely this makes the 200m box redundant? As by ticking it you would indicate that you can walk 200m repeatedly without problems, and that would fail the descriptor? (Whereas on the old ESA50 you could tick yes or it varies for 200m, and then if you could only do it once go on to explain your problems in the text box.)
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #110169 by slugsta
Hi Hendrix,

I agree that, in your case, it would seem that the 50m box would be the correct one to tick. In fact, we often tell members to leave the boxes empty if none of them accurately reflect their condition/s. Of course, if one were to do that it would be necessary to write a full explanation in the text box!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by slugsta. Reason: tick
The following user(s) said Thank You: hendrix

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.