× Members

ESA Review ?

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #110268 by suzyb
ESA Review ? was created by suzyb
Can someone please help me. Today I reveived a letter from Atos. I was transferred from incapacity to ESA last July initially WRAG group after appeal in November changed to the support group.
The letter I received is worded like I am still in receipt of the old benefit and not trasnferred over yet.
So I called Jobcentre Plus as adviced for any queries to be informed this a review of my medical condition and to fill in the form and return it.
Does this mean I could face been changed back to WRAG and have to appeal again or if their are no changes do I remain in the support group.
More worry and stress again ?
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #110271 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA Review ?
Hi Suzyb,

We have several members who have received such a letter despite already having been transferred to ESA. It looks as if old paperwork is being used up, no matter that it confuses the claimant!

You probably know that everyone on ESA will be reassessed periodically. The time that you have been considered to be in the Support Group dates back to when the first decision was made to put you in WRAG.

Every reassessment will be considered on its own merit, you should not expect ATOS or DWP to refer to any previous paperwork. Yes, it is possible that you could be placed in the WRAG again, you should provide as much information and evidence as you can to try and avoid this. Don't forget that the ESA descriptors were changed earlier this year, so you should acquaint yourself with these and make full use of our guides when filling in the form.

ESA FAQs

ESA claims and appeals

You should mark this topic as a favourite on your web browser , or bookmark it, so that you can find it in future. Then you can return to ask any further questions so might have along the line.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: suzyb

• texel27
10 years 8 months ago #110280 by texel27
Replied by texel27 on topic ESA Review ?
Disgraceful what they are putting genuine folk through. :angry:

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.