× Members

esa reviews delays atos assesments running late

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #110351 by Peter
hi how long is average atos esa re-assements I was advised the assessment period should be 5 weeks but they are delayed and this is before they get sent to the dwp for the final assessment. this is not much fun having been assessed org into the wrg then assessed into the support group on appeal then I get new esa50 just before I have to go into hospital for spinal surgery on my birthday! sent it in two weeks before deadline they have not made a decision yet I suppose my post polio etc will cure itself. it was 1 1/2 weeks over two weeks ago today I phoned and the man chuckled when I said it was 1 1/2 weeks delayed that's not too bad well its 4 weeks now as they are supposed to turn around in 5 weeks ! he said its with the doctors for assessment not something I need after just having spinal surgery on Monday this is before it goes to DWP for their say! it looks like a delay programme anyone else got any ideas how long before we officially able to complain?
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #110352 by Gordon
Peter

I am afraid that there are no timescales associated with the re-assessment process, 5 weeks is at the low end of the range of what we would call normal, but we are also aware of claimants where the process has taken 5-6 months.

All you can do is to regularly contact ATOS for an update on your claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 8 months ago #110360 by killbot99
Replied by killbot99 on topic esa reviews delays atos assesments running late
Hi

I understand your frustration Peter, I really do, I am being re-assessed for ESA as well, I sent my form off 7 weeks ago today and have heard nothing. However my view is that I am still being paid and whilst it is very stressful to be waiting and not knowing what will happen, at least you are not being hassled by the DWP.

When I migrated over from IB to ESA last year it took nearly 5 months before I heard anything so I would not be surprised if this happens again. Personally I wouldn't phone Atos or the DWP, let them come to me but I appreciate other people do not feel the same way.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris