× Members

ESA running out before appeal

• Chris.w
  • Topic Author
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #110358 by Chris.w
ESA running out before appeal was created by Chris.w
Hi, I am waiting for a date for my appeal about going into the support group from WRAG, but I have received a letter telling me my ESA runs out on 31 October,so how do I go on if I don't hear about an appeal date before then? Is it still worth going? I haven't been asked to go to any WRAG meetings since my claim started last year.Please help as I am at a loss as of what to do, Thanks in anticipation
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #110361 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA running out before appeal

Chris.w wrote: Hi, I am waiting for a date for my appeal about going into the support group from WRAG, but I have received a letter telling me my ESA runs out on 31 October,so how do I go on if I don't hear about an appeal date before then? Is it still worth going? I haven't been asked to go to any WRAG meetings since my claim started last year.Please help as I am at a loss as of what to do, Thanks in anticipation

If you are receiving ESA(CB) then this will be time limited to 365 days while you remain in the WRAG, if your appeal has not been held by the time that your ESA(CB) is limited then your payments will stop, unless you are also eligible for Income Related ESA, which will be dependant on your household income, your savings and assets, and any hours that your partner works. See

Asset rule for ESA(IR)

24 hour work rule for ESA(IR)

If you win your appeal and you are placed in the Support Group then your ESA(CB) should be re-instated and you will receive back payment from the date of the Decision appealed to the date that the Tribunal Decision is implemented.

So it is very much worth your while to attend the hearing.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Chris.w
  • Topic Author
10 years 8 months ago #110363 by Chris.w
Replied by Chris.w on topic ESA running out before appeal
Thanks Gordon,
So it is still worth going to my appeal (when I eventually get a date) even if it's still a few weeks or months away? I can't get income based ESA because my husband earns over the limit.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.