× Members

Awarded Contribution based ESA, on low income

• princess5581
  • Topic Author
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #110365 by princess5581
Awarded Contribution based ESA, on low income was created by princess5581
I was transferred to contribution based ESA from IB on June 20th 2013. I was placed in the support group. I am on a low income and think that I may be entitled to income based ESA too.
I am getting so many mixed messages from DWP and Jobcentre plus that I'm not sure which applies to me.
I currently get £112.05 a week which is the same rate as I was getting IB.
I've been told by one person that I should apply for income based ESA too so that I get the enhanced disability premium because I'm in the support group bringing my weekly amount up to £121.65. Another person at jobcentre plus said this is incorrect and £112.05 is maximum I can get.
DWP have sent me a form which they say I need to fill out for Income-based ESA but this says about "re-assessment" and "looking again at my claim" and I'm terrified that if I fill out this form they are going to stay my claim all over again and I'll have to attend medical again?!

Can anyone help please? Thank you!
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #110368 by Gordon

princess5581 wrote: I was transferred to contribution based ESA from IB on June 20th 2013. I was placed in the support group. I am on a low income and think that I may be entitled to income based ESA too.
I am getting so many mixed messages from DWP and Jobcentre plus that I'm not sure which applies to me.
I currently get £112.05 a week which is the same rate as I was getting IB.
I've been told by one person that I should apply for income based ESA too so that I get the enhanced disability premium because I'm in the support group bringing my weekly amount up to £121.65. Another person at jobcentre plus said this is incorrect and £112.05 is maximum I can get.
DWP have sent me a form which they say I need to fill out for Income-based ESA but this says about "re-assessment" and "looking again at my claim" and I'm terrified that if I fill out this form they are going to stay my claim all over again and I'll have to attend medical again?!

Can anyone help please? Thank you!

It is possible to paid an Income Related ESA top-up to your ESA(CB), whether you are eligible will depend on your household income, your savings and assets, and any hours that your partner works. See

Asset rule for ESA(IR)

24 hour work rule for ESA(IR)

You say you have received a form, if it is an ESA3, then this is the form used to assess your for ESA(IR), you need to complete this and return it to the DWP, it should not lead to a re-assessment of your claim.

If it is an ESA50 then it is nothing to do with your payments and you are being re-assessed.

If it is any other form, please come back to the forum with more details.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: princess5581

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.