× Members

DLA SAR

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #110372 by mumsgirl
DLA SAR was created by mumsgirl
As you may recall I recently ‘passed’ my DLA reassessment, remaining on HRC/LRM (for 5 years). I decided to send away for a SAR (computer and clerical) and asked for the dates 1/5/13-9/8/13. I used those dates because I received the reassessment form sometime at the beginning of May and received the result at the beginning of August (9th of Aug was when I sent away my request). I have now received my SAR with a covering letter saying that “The Department does not hold any clerical records for the period you have requested. This is all the information held about you by DWP to which you are entitled, in relation to your request. The Data Protection Act 1988 states that in some circumstance you right to see some personal information is limited”- are the last 2 sentences a general statement or a personal statement aimed at me?. And I thought there would have been clerical records? Does my filled in DLA form not count as ‘clerical’? They didn’t send me a copy of the DLA form (I have one anyway, but expected to get another copy in the SAR). All I got was a 61 page printout. It says “event result – entitlement change” – is this correct, as I stayed on HRC/LRM? it says it was a ‘favourable decision’. Decision type = offline decision. Decision notification type = none. It also says evidence code – “claim form and statement of disability” – what is a ‘statement of disability’? And then it says ‘evidence used – claim form’.
So basically what I am asking is -
should there be clerical records? perhaps I asked too soon after the decision and they hadn’t been ‘filed’ yet?
should I have used different dates (and if so, can I make another request)?
why does it say entitlement change?
are they trying to tell me they have info that they can’t give me, or was that just a general statement that most people get?
what is a statement of disability?
Also, I noticed that they have my old phone number from approx 3 years ago as my current number. I have asked them in the past to remove it but they didn’t. I am concerned that someone else has now been given that number and that DWP could still phone them looking for me and that could lead to problems for my claim????
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #110375 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA SAR
mumsgirl

I am afraid I do not know what documentation is used in connection with a DLA claim.

If you compare it to ESA and take away the obvious medical reports and ESA50, then we regularly hear that there is no additional documentation, so it is perfectly possible that this is the case for DLA, as surprising as this might sound.

The DWP are not required to provide information that they reasonably believe that they have already supplied or that you are already in possession of, so this may explain the missing DLA form.

The only thing I can suggest is for you to contact the Data Unit, there should be a phone number on the letter you received to understand what has happened.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.