× Members

what are my rights with capita

• ezzypitchfork
  • Topic Author
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #110425 by ezzypitchfork
what are my rights with capita was created by ezzypitchfork
:) okay so today i had my pack that contains information and a dvd about how capita works on behalf of the DWP.
when i read the letter it said i have an appointment in a clinic but the thing is when i called and asked if i could change this to a home visit instead due to it being very painful to get in and out the car let alone walk very far.
the lady on the phone said :- '' we cannot offer you a home visit due to there not being enough evidence awarding you with a home visit''
but like i have tried to explain to her they seem to be uninterested!

so i just wanted to know what my rights was on a home visit.
do i have to go to a clinic and be assessed there or can i argue my point and say that i genuinely do need a home visit rather than the clinic?

i have done my best and looked online and a lot of people have said that i can request them to keep changing my appointment until they request a home visit.
also that you are within your rights to have your interview recorded.

any help would be great thanks! :)
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #110426 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic what are my rights with capita
ezzypitchfork

PIP is still to new for us to have a good understanding of the procedures that ATOS and Capita will be using.

In regard a home assessment, I would start by approaching your GP to see if they will write a letter confirm that you need one and why, assuming you get this, contact Capita again. Whether they offer you one will be at the discretion of Capita and if they do not, then you have no option of appeal and will have to attend or risk your claim being closed.

Our understanding is that you can request that your assessment is recorded, this certainly covers medicals done at a Capita building, but it is unclear whether this will be extended to home visits, you need to make your request in writing and confirm that it will actually be recorded before the appointment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: ezzypitchfork

• ezzypitchfork
  • Topic Author
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #110427 by ezzypitchfork
Replied by ezzypitchfork on topic what are my rights with capita
thank you! :)
are there any templates or guides available for me to follow on how to word the letter about recordings to capita

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #110429 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic what are my rights with capita

ezzypitchfork wrote: thank you! :)
are there any templates or guides available for me to follow on how to word the letter about recordings to capita

I am afraid not, you could use the ESA one, but you will need to remove all of the ESA specific wording and it might be as quick to start from scratch.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.