× Members

How many times?

• weeble Read
  • Topic Author
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #110431 by weeble Read
How many times? was created by weeble Read
Hi everyone, I am pretty new to this so hope this works!
My question is this - how many times do I have to keep applying for ESA? I applied last year and was awarded it and placed in the support group due to severe rheumatoid arthritis and having several joint replacements with other related complications. I was awarded this at the end of June 2012 and have just received the new form asking me to apply again! I rang DWP who said this is correct and I could be asked to do this every three months if they wanted. Talk about feeling persecuted! I know what I will be doing all weekend and it is NOT wind-surfing!! :angry:Anyone else feel the same?
Thanks in advance,
Weeble.
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #110434 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic How many times?
Hi weeble,

I'm afraid that periodic reassessment is the backbone of the government's Welfare Reforms :( As you have discovered, the minimum interval is 3 months going up to a maximum of 2 years for WRAG and 3 years for Support Group.

The reassessment period does not form part of the decision and cannot be appealed.

How often will I be reviewed

You might like to consider filling in the PDF version of the ESA50 form this time round, this will make it a bit quicker and easier next time you are reassessed.

Using The PDF Version Of The ESA50 Questionnaire

You should be aware that the ESA descriptors have changed since last year so youi should familiarise yourself with the changes and make full use of our ESA guide

ESA claims and appeals

I suggest that you bookmark this page, or make it a favourite on your web browser, so that you can find it easily in future. Please come back to this page if you have any further questions :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• weeble Read
  • Topic Author
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #110437 by weeble Read
Replied by weeble Read on topic How many times?
Thank you so much for your very quick reply. I had no idea it could be filled in on-line but what about sending in all the supporting evidence etc?
Weeble.
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 7 months ago #110442 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic How many times?

weebleRead wrote: Thank you so much for your very quick reply. I had no idea it could be filled in on-line but what about sending in all the supporting evidence etc?
Weeble.

Just to clarify, it is not an online form, it is an electronic copy that can be downloaded to your PC and completed there, it still needs to be printed and sent to ATOS.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• weeble Read
  • Topic Author
10 years 7 months ago #110444 by weeble Read
Replied by weeble Read on topic How many times?
OH! DOH! I will find it and see if I can do it that way.

Thank you so much,

Weeble.

More
10 years 7 months ago #110448 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic How many times?
Just to make it clear - you need to download this to your computer and save it before you will be able to start filling it in. :)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.