× Members

SENDING INFO ON YOUR CONDITION WITH ESA50

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #110543 by shrinathji
SENDING INFO ON YOUR CONDITION WITH ESA50 was created by shrinathji
Hello,

I had read that members were sending printed information on their conditions/effects from the internet to help D/M and Atos to understand the limitations of the condition etc, which I think is a good idea.

However, there are so many sites for Fibromyalgia and CRPS and mostly US, does it matter which one you print out and send????

Thanks.
Radhika.
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by . Reason: Tick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #110545 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic SENDING INFO ON YOUR CONDITION WITH ESA50
I would suggest that you try and find a reputable site, preferably one from the UK. Try not to overwhelm the DM with tonnes of stuff, make it easy for them to see what is important.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #110616 by shrinathji
Replied by shrinathji on topic SENDING INFO ON YOUR CONDITION WITH ESA50
Sorry Mrs H for late reply.

I managed to find a couple of UK sites and have printed the info to send with the ESA.

I have chosen the ones that give basic info which is easy to understand and nothing too heavy as I did not want to put anyone off from finishing reading the info!!!!

However, what is the best way to bring it to the DM's and Atos attention without "patronising" them and ensuring that they read it???

Thanks.

Radhika.
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #110620 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic SENDING INFO ON YOUR CONDITION WITH ESA50

radhika wrote: Sorry Mrs H for late reply.

I managed to find a couple of UK sites and have printed the info to send with the ESA.

I have chosen the ones that give basic info which is easy to understand and nothing too heavy as I did not want to put anyone off from finishing reading the info!!!!

However, what is the best way to bring it to the DM's and Atos attention without "patronising" them and ensuring that they read it???

Thanks.

Radhika.

I would include something along the lines

"I have included some information about condition X. The symptoms for condition X are often misunderstood and/or confused with condition Y and I though it would help you to understand how someone is affected by this illness/disability if you had access to an independent source of information..."

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 7 months ago #110622 by shrinathji
Replied by shrinathji on topic SENDING INFO ON YOUR CONDITION WITH ESA50
Gordon you are a super star. Thanks. Now I have to pray that they read it and take note.

Thanks.

Radhika.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.