× Members

Migrating from Income Support to ESA

More
10 years 7 months ago #111214 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Migrating from Income Support to ESA

Howie666 wrote: I have another question if I may. I am struggling with the form they have sent me and I have recently become aware of an online version I may be able to type in (if I'm on a good day). I would like to ask if there is any difference between the perception of a handwritten form as opposed to a typed one (in terms of capability etc.)?
My handwriting varies between legible and illegible depending on my stress levels and condition day to day. On a bad day I cannot write at all. In fact I can't really do anything.
I have now been referred to a Consultant Psychiatrist with my local Mental Health Team, I am currently waiting for an appointment.
Thank you for your assistance.

There are swings and roundabouts to using the electronic version versus the paper one especially if you have dexterity problems.

Whichever form you use you mat still have to add additional pages, as the comments boxes in the electronic copy do not expand when more text is added.

If faced with the choice, providing a complete and legible version is more important than sending one that is incomplete and/or illegible, which ever route you choose, explain why you have completed the form in that manner.

Using The PDF Version Of The ESA50 Questionnaire

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Howie666

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ROCK
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #111268 by ROCK
Replied by ROCK on topic Migrating from Income Support to ESA
Although the boxes dont expand, when i used the Pdf form, i found it does make your text smaller/font smaller, so i could fit more in the boxes than if i had used the booklet form. There does come a stage when the text is too small to read when printed out!
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by bro58.

• bro58
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #111269 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Migrating from Income Support to ESA

ROCK wrote: Although the boxes dont expand, when i used the Pdf form, i found it does make your text smaller/font smaller, so i could fit more in the boxes than if i had used the booklet form. There does come a stage when the text is too small to read when printed out!

Yes R,

It is best to monitor the diminishing size of the text in the boxes for ease of reading, and continue on an added A4 if necessary.

After all, what is the use of providing lots of information in the boxes if it is too small to read comfortably.

bro58
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by bro58.

More
10 years 7 months ago #111270 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Migrating from Income Support to ESA
My persona opinion is that information provided should be in a form that makes reading it as easy as possible for the DM. It is better to add extra pages so that the font is of a reasonable size and that text is well spaced for ease of reading.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Howie666

• bro58
10 years 7 months ago #111273 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Migrating from Income Support to ESA

Mrs Hurtyback wrote: My persona opinion is that information provided should be in a form that makes reading it as easy as possible for the DM. It is better to add extra pages so that the font is of a reasonable size and that text is well spaced for ease of reading.

I agree MHB,

Although added pages should be kept to a minimum, it is far better to use 3 added pages of well spaced out easy to read information, than one page of solid blocks of small text that puts the reader off, and gives them an excuse not to read it.

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.