× Members

DM reconsideration

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #110612 by jenny
DM reconsideration was created by jenny
11 months after I appealed to be put in support group from wrag, I finally got a reconsideration and thankfully am now in the support group. My question is I would like to know how the Decision
Maker came to this new decision of the support group, so that I have his information for my records to help with my next assessment.

1.Do you think asking them would go against me and maybe trigger an earlier new assessment.
2. If ok to do so, what papers and forms would I need to request.

Thankyou for all your help
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #110618 by
Replied by on topic DM reconsideration

jenny wrote: 11 months after I appealed to be put in support group from wrag, I finally got a reconsideration and thankfully am now in the support group. My question is I would like to know how the Decision
Maker came to this new decision of the support group, so that I have his information for my records to help with my next assessment.

1.Do you think asking them would go against me and maybe trigger an earlier new assessment.
2. If ok to do so, what papers and forms would I need to request.

Thankyou for all your help

Hi j,

Well done on the successful reconsideration !! :cheer:

1. No it should not have an adverse effect. Most of our members have requested such information. I think the DWP will be well used to such requests by now.

2. You could request the ESA85 if a F2F assessment took place, or an ESA85A if one didn't. However, even though these may iclude the reasons and recommendations for the original WRAG award, they will not provide information regarding the reconsideration.

An LT54 Form should be compiled by the DM in all reconsiderations. This may include the reasons, and the recommended length of the SG award. (The Prognosis)

You could also request "ALL" documentation used in the original WRAG decision, and the reconsideration to SG.

To be sure you could request the above, and then make particular written requests for :

1. Reasons why you were placed into the SG at reconsideration, including which of SG descriptors were applied. Whether it be one or more of The Schedule 3 Functional Descriptors, or The ESA Regulation 35 Non Functional Descriptor.

2. The prognosis of the SG award, and when you should expect to have your next reassessment.

You can do this using a SAR Form :

SAR Form Download

From this page :

DWP Data Protection Policy

Or you can make the request in the form of a letter, as long as you make it clear that you are making a formal SAR under The Data Protection Act 1998.

Address the envelope : FAO The Data Controller, at the Benefits Office dealing with your ESA.

Write DPA 1998 SAR in front, top, left corner of envelope.

Once received, they have 40 calendar days to comply.

Sending Documents to the DWP or ATOS

bro58
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by .

More
10 years 6 months ago #110621 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic DM reconsideration
I'm glad to hear that the recon went in your favour. Thanks for letting us know :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.