× Members

just awarded DLA,now

• tilly12
  • Topic Author
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #110641 by tilly12
just awarded DLA,now was created by tilly12
Hello last month I was awarded DLA high rate mob,middle rate care,now they want me to attend medical for the change over from icapcity benift to ESA.can that be right.
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by . Reason: Tick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #110645 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic just awarded DLA,now

tilly12 wrote: Hello last month I was awarded DLA high rate mob,middle rate care,now they want me to attend medical for the change over from icapcity benift to ESA.can that be right.

DLA and ESA are different benefits with totally different qualification criteria, so I am afraid it is perfectly possible.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #110701 by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
Replied by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law) on topic just awarded DLA,now
As Gordon has correctly stated the criteria for DLA and ESA are totally different.

DLA is paid to those in or out of work based on any mobility and/or care needs they have, whilst ESA is an out of work benefit paid to chronically sick and/or disabled persons whose condition prevents them from working.

From DWP sources the majority of ESA claimants return to work once their health improves. in other cases some claimants with long term conditions remain on ESA for longer periods

PLEASE READ THE SPOTLIGHTS AREA OF THE FORUM REGULARLY, OTHERWISE YOU MAY MISS OUT ON IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law).

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.