× Members

Atos letter 'not received'

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #110662 by abandonhope
Atos letter 'not received' was created by abandonhope
Having duly completed my first atos letter regarding changing from Incapacity Benefit I made certain that it was returned in the correct envelope.
I've now had a letter saying that as it has not been returned my benefits will cease in October.
After contacting the JC+ then Atos then JC+ again they are going to send me another copy which I am to return directly to the Benefit Office NOT atos.
So far so good except my doctor has told me that a lot of other patients have had the same problem.
My question is, Is the Postal service really losing a lot of letters or is this some kind of ruse to penalise people who have done nothing wrong?
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #110666 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Atos letter 'not received'

abandonhope wrote: Having duly completed my first atos letter regarding changing from Incapacity Benefit I made certain that it was returned in the correct envelope.
I've now had a letter saying that as it has not been returned my benefits will cease in October.
After contacting the JC+ then Atos then JC+ again they are going to send me another copy which I am to return directly to the Benefit Office NOT atos.
So far so good except my doctor has told me that a lot of other patients have had the same problem.
My question is, Is the Postal service really losing a lot of letters or is this some kind of ruse to penalise people who have done nothing wrong?

I assume you are talking about the ESA50?

The Royal Mail actually lose/misplace/deliver late an astonishing large number of letters and parcels each day, I believe it is in the 100,000s, as to ATOS and the DWP the more likely answer is incompetence.

Did you get a receipt for the letter or use Recorded Mail?

Did you keep a copy of the form as this will help you complete the new one.

The fact that the DWP have given in so easily would suggest that they are aware of a problem, either with the PO Box or your area, as they usually put up more of a fight for a missing ESA50.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: abandonhope

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.