× Members

ESA assessment failure

• ztj
  • Topic Author
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #110670 by ztj
ESA assessment failure was created by ztj
Hello,

Just been told that my ESA has stopped because I'm supposedly capable of work. I'm not sure what I should do now and it's totally stressing me out big time.

This was my 2nd assessment for ESA my first being last year which I passed - my circumstances have not changed since the first.

Looking at my letter I scored just 6 points of the required 15 points. I suffer from social anxiety and depression, have been diagnosed as having Schizoid Personality Disorder, although I didn't mention the SPD on my form/interview as only very recently was told of that diagnoses after re-visiting the metal health nurse.

Is it worth appealing this decision ? I can't live on nothing and if I did try to claim JSA i would be sanctioned in no time.

many thanks, hope someone can help me through this
a
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #110672 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA assessment failure
You can certainly appeal this decision, it sounds as if you have nothing to lose. As long as you submit a 'fit note' (sicknote) from your GP, dated to the day after your ESA finishes, you should then get the assessment rate of ESA (as long as you have not already had 365 days in the WRAG on a contributory basis).

Our appeals FAQs include how long you have to appeal, how to submit an appeal etc

Appeals FAQs

and our ESA claims guide will be helpful

ESA claims and appeals

I suggest that you bookmark this page, or make it a favourite on your web browser, so that you can find it easily in future. this will enable you to return to ask any further questions and we will have the advantage of everything being in one place :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.