× Members

ESA 50/ Question 2/ Sitting & standing activities

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #110673 by MariW
When drafting answers in readiness for my eventual migration, I find Question 2 regarding sitting/standing activities the most confusing of the lot.

Is it only claimants who tick box 2 (a) and can demonstatrate that they “cannot move between one seated position and another seated position located next to one another without receiving physical assistance” that meet the LCWA descriptor?
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #110679 by Gordon

MariW wrote: When drafting answers in readiness for my eventual migration, I find Question 2 regarding sitting/standing activities the most confusing of the lot.

Is it only claimants who tick box 2 (a) and can demonstatrate that they “cannot move between one seated position and another seated position located next to one another without receiving physical assistance” that meet the LCWA descriptor?

Yes it is only Descriptor 2a that corresponds to a Support Group Descriptor, so you would need to tick "no" on the ESA50 for "Can you move from one seat to another right next to it without help from someone else?" and provide supporting medical evidence if possible.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 7 months ago #110682 by MariW
I'm so sorry to have wasted your time with this question, Gordon :( I'm sure I knew this perfectly well but mental fog has descended this afternoon.

• bro58
10 years 7 months ago #110685 by bro58
Hi MW,

I have just clarified the same for radhika :laugh: :

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=top...d=10&id=99248#110674

bro58

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #110751 by Buckie
My Partner has just been keeping adrift of things in here for me and commented about this thread, “cannot move between one seated position and another seated position located next to one another without receiving physical assistance”
And said, should you not have failed that task and got marks/points from it ? I explained as I think it was Gordon that explained it in one of my posts...

If you can stand (using aids like a stick, crutches) and sit (again if needed, using those aids) You PASS that descriptor and score NO Points !!!

Just in case anyone else was reading it wrong...
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by bro58.

• bro58
10 years 7 months ago #110773 by bro58

Buckie wrote: My Partner has just been keeping adrift of things in here for me and commented about this thread, “cannot move between one seated position and another seated position located next to one another without receiving physical assistance”
And said, should you not have failed that task and got marks/points from it ? I explained as I think it was Gordon that explained it in one of my posts...

If you can stand (using aids like a stick, crutches) and sit (again if needed, using those aids) You PASS that descriptor and score NO Points !!!

Just in case anyone else was reading it wrong...

Hi B,

You are getting the WRAG and SG Descriptors mixed up.

Have a look at my post here :

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=top...d=10&id=99248#110674

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.