× Members

no medical evidence as gps wont comment

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #110688 by molly
hi any advice would be apreaciated. I don't know what to use for evidence as my gp practices and others in our area have apparently said they are not supplying patients with supporting evidence to send in with esa50 form because they are having too many requests. I have just received form for change over from ib to esa. I do have some old consultants letters some going back to 1988 but not much that is in the last year or so. thanks
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #110691 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic no medical evidence as gps wont comment

molly wrote: hi any advice would be apreaciated. I don't know what to use for evidence as my gp practices and others in our area have apparently said they are not supplying patients with supporting evidence to send in with esa50 form because they are having too many requests. I have just received form for change over from ib to esa. I do have some old consultants letters some going back to 1988 but not much that is in the last year or so. thanks

You can request access to your medical records which may provide you with additional evidence.

Requesting your medical records

Charging for medical records

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 7 months ago #110693 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic no medical evidence as gps wont comment
You can also submit statements from other people who know you. This can be friends and family as well as therapists and carers.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: molly

More
10 years 7 months ago #110724 by ELEANOR
Replied by ELEANOR on topic no medical evidence as gps wont comment
Ask your practice manager if the local health board will continue to supply information to ATOS and/or the DWP if they request it. If the answer is 'yes' then they are in breach of the Disability Discrimination Act. You might want to bring this to the attention of the practice manager and suggest that, if your GP refuses to supply a written report in support of your claim, you may take legal action. This may elicit a favourable response. Good luck!

More
10 years 7 months ago #110728 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic no medical evidence as gps wont comment

irisheyes wrote: Ask your practice manager if the local health board will continue to supply information to ATOS and/or the DWP if they request it. If the answer is 'yes' then they are in breach of the Disability Discrimination Act. You might want to bring this to the attention of the practice manager and suggest that, if your GP refuses to supply a written report in support of your claim, you may take legal action. This may elicit a favourable response. Good luck!

A couple of points, the DDA was replaced by the Equality Act in 2010.

Also, GP practices are contractually obliged to provide the DWP with information on request, they are not required to provide patients with same.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.