× Members

ESA Appeal postoned!!!!

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #110704 by colc
ESA Appeal postoned!!!! was created by colc
I arrived today for my long awaited appeal for my ESA. I have epilepsy and was ill last night so the effort involved in me getting there today was immense. We turned up to be then told that the judge was present but no doctor so we could either postpone or go ahead and risk getting the wrong result without a medic there. However if we did go ahead today we could not then have another chance if we felt the decision was incorrect so we had no choice but to postpone. Apparently the GP got his dates wrong. We now have to wait for another date. I am beyond angry about this and stresseed to bits. This is making me ill and having to wait yet again through no fault of our own is appauling. However they had me over a barrel as I really had no choice in the matter. Not happy at all
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #110706 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA Appeal postoned!!!!
I am sorry that this happened to you and that the wait continues :( You can complain to the tribunal service if you wish and your MP might like to hear how the system is treating you.

Complaining to the Tribunal Service

Contacting your MP

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: colc

More
10 years 7 months ago #110707 by colc
Replied by colc on topic ESA Appeal postoned!!!!
I just think they have no idea about how much this process affects my illness and I literally had to be helped this morning to dress and get there as I was so so sore and tired after my seizure. I will complain although I expect in the whole scheme of things I wont gain anything by doing this.

More
10 years 7 months ago #110710 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Appeal postoned!!!!
colc

I am surprised you were advised it could go ahead, an ESA Tribunal panel requires a Judge and a Doctor to be properly constituted, any Decision reached would have been liable to challenge as being an Error of Law. It is especially surprising as there has been a recent UTT Decision on this very subject.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 7 months ago #110711 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA Appeal postoned!!!!
If people never complain about poor service, then the service provider can quite rightly carry on assuming that everything is OK. a complaint might not change anything for you, but there is a chance that it will make things better for others in the future.

More
10 years 7 months ago #110712 by colc
Replied by colc on topic ESA Appeal postoned!!!!
Thats interesting as we were given the option to go ahead but our rep advised us not to as any decision would stand and we would have no comeback on it. I just cannot believe that this happened and no one let us know. My husband spoke to the judge to request the postponement and now we just have to wait for yet another date.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.