× Members

ESA tribunal

• Piplou71
  • Topic Author
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #110716 by Piplou71
ESA tribunal was created by Piplou71
Hi,I'm new and have only just found this site...I have my ESA tribunal in 6 days and wish I had found this earlier, I have fibromyalgia,CFCs,depression and anxiety problems. I scored zero points at my medical...any help would be appreciated :(
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #110721 by
Replied by on topic ESA tribunal

Piplou71 wrote: Hi,I'm new and have only just found this site...I have my ESA tribunal in 6 days and wish I had found this earlier, I have fibromyalgia,CFCs,depression and anxiety problems. I scored zero points at my medical...any help would be appreciated :(

Hi P71,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

It is rather late in the proceedings.

The best that I can advise would be to read through our ESA Claims Guides under the heading of "New ESA50 form"

On this page :

ESA Claims Guides

Also have a look at :

Qualifying for the WRAG

&

Qualifying for the Support Group

From our :

ESA FAQ’s

You may then have a better idea regarding the type of evidence that you will have to submit to qualify for The WRAG and/or SG of ESA.

If you are to submit any further evidence on the day, make sure you take 4 copies of each page of evidence, and give 3 copies of each to The Clerk on arrival. Keep the other copy for yourself.

These links may help :

Preparing for a Tribunal

From our : Appeals FAQ’s

Disability Rights UK Factsheet - Appeals and reconsiderations

&

MOJ Video of ESA Appeals Process and Tribunal

Please reply to this topic if you have any further queries.

bro58
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by .

More
10 years 7 months ago #110723 by ELEANOR
Replied by ELEANOR on topic ESA tribunal
You say you have CFCs; do you mean CFS? Look on Action for ME's website. There is a 30-page downloadable document guiding you through the whole appeal process. I have ME/CFS and have just sent the form requesting an appeal. Good luck!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Piplou71

10 years 7 months ago #110732 by
Replied by on topic ESA tribunal

• del
10 years 7 months ago #110740 by del
Replied by del on topic ESA tribunal
If I could just give one piece of advice, if you have good days think really hard about using the word good as to another person that can be misinterpreted that you are 100% healthy! Are your good days really good or are you just not as bad as you can be. Lesson I have learned for future is not to use words good and bad because I am always bad but there are times I can be a bit better or a lot worse. Also, do not take it for granted they will have read all your documents, try and explain absolutely everything that limits and restricts you, I believe one mistake I made was focussing on for instance the fatigue makes me really tired and means I have to sleep a lot and by saying things like that I did not actually say what happens to me healthwise.

Good luck.

More
10 years 7 months ago #110742 by shrinathji
Replied by shrinathji on topic ESA tribunal
Hi Del,

I have used the term better days than bad days throughout friends ESA form as I too agree that "GOOD" can be quite misleading to "normal" people.

Radhika.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Piplou71

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.