× Members

advice

• rex1962
  • Topic Author
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #110746 by rex1962
advice was created by rex1962
Hi, I am new to this forum, I have just been signed off unfit for work by my doctor. Basically I am a freelance merchandiser, I am registered to several marketing companies, on PAYE, but as it stands now, when and if I return to work I am not guaranteed any work, and they can just forget about me and use other people to do the work from now on I have not ties with anyone. I am also registered self employed so would it be advisable to say I am just that on my new ESA1 04/13 form? any advice would be appreciated.
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by . Reason: tick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #110755 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic advice

rex1962 wrote: Hi, I am new to this forum, I have just been signed off unfit for work by my doctor. Basically I am a freelance merchandiser, I am registered to several marketing companies, on PAYE, but as it stands now, when and if I return to work I am not guaranteed any work, and they can just forget about me and use other people to do the work from now on I have not ties with anyone. I am also registered self employed so would it be advisable to say I am just that on my new ESA1 04/13 form? any advice would be appreciated.

We are not really qualified to answer this, I would explain your situation in detail on the form or an accompanying sheet and let the DWP ask any questions they might have, in part this questions is about your NI Contribution history, whether you receive Class 1 from an employer or you purchase Class 2 as Self-Employed.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.