× Members

MOVED FROM ESA SUPPORT TO WRAG

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #110768 by Augustus
MOVED FROM ESA SUPPORT TO WRAG was created by Augustus
Can someone help me please?
After being converted from I Benefit to ESA [Support] after much hassle in 2012, I have just been reassessed from Support to WRAG. I do not believe my condition has changed.
Can I ask if the criterion that was available to DWP decision-makers: of placing people in Support on exceptional or extraordinary grounds is still available? And if so, if the grounds on which this can be done have changed since early 2012?

Otherwise, I do not understand why this has happened to me.

Also, whilst appealing & whilst in WRAG, when I say I cannot do anything they want me to do, and that I was in Support and am appealing, will they eventually stop my money completely? How should I handle this?

And after 365 days in contributory WRAG, will I stop getting anything at all if I don't qualify on mean-tested grounds?

Thank you all

A
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #110776 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic MOVED FROM ESA SUPPORT TO WRAG
Augustus

There were updates to the ESA Descriptor and Regulations in January 2013 and it is possible that you no longer qualify for the Support Group due to these.

You should certainly request that the Decision Maker explain the change by requesting a written Statement of Reasons, however, you may struggle to get this information. You can also request the documents used in the Decision.

ESA medical – what forms to ask for?

If the change is not due to the January change then the DM must justify this change.

Having been placed in the WRAG you are require to participate in WFIs and Work Related Activity, whilst the JC+ advisor must take into account any limitations that you have as a result of your conditions, failing to do so can lead to your benefit being sanctioned.

Work Focussed Interviews

Changes to ESA Sanctions

If you are not eligible for ESA(IR) then I am afraid your payments will stop after 365 days in the WRAG, if you have care or mobility needs you can claim PIP.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.